Old December 19th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:39:05 on Sat,
19 Dec 2009, Basil Jet
remarked:
But the new service will be introducing many more useful "through
routes" than the old one ever delivered.

From my own personal experience I'd say only 5% of Thameslink
passengers use it as a through route.

And the new routes?

The expected advantage of TL2k is for people travelling between
Cambridge and Blackfriars or Littlehampton and Kings Cross. The
percentage of people passing through the centre is not expected to
rise, although the number will.

I find that quite surprising, given how much people complain when
longer trips require changes to get from one side of London to the
other.

The complaints might be loud and justified, but the number of passengers per
day who have to do this sort of journey is a twenteth or thirtieth of the
number who commute to the centre.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.