Old December 20th 09, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Escalators at St Pancras International

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message
MaxB wrote

When passing through the shopping mall (sorry, train access area) at
St Pancras last week I came across instructions on how to use an
escalator when traveling with a wheeled case. Apparently you put the
case on the right and stand on the left thus completely blocking the
normal walking route. I am sure that will prove popular. However, the
station management's arse is covered for H&S purposes I suppose.

Is there a diagram ?

Because I think that might describe describes how I do it with my
wheeled case and I don't block the escalator.

Maybe I'm thinner ;-)

Place case as far to the right as possible, stand one step below with
right knee against the case, try to get left foot on same step as case

--
Mike D

Sorry I didn't take a picture (to avoid arrest!) but it clearly showed a man
standing BESIDE his case with a big tick!

MaxB