Old December 20th 09, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Escalators at St Pancras International

On 20 Dec, 07:56, Roland Perry wrote:
In message 01ca80e3$d895ade0$LocalHost@default, at 00:12:38 on Sun, 20
Dec 2009, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:

*MaxB wrote

When passing through the shopping mall (sorry, train access area) at
St Pancras last week I came across instructions on how to use an
escalator when traveling with a wheeled case. Apparently you put the
case on the right and stand on the left thus completely blocking the
normal walking route.

Normal rules of "stand on the right and run up the left" don't seem to
apply to these escalators (even for people without luggage). Indeed, as
the years go by, I see that rule applied less to the UndergrounD as
well. I can recall when people standing on the left would be shouted at
by people trying to get past, but there are so many tourists around
nowadays, it seems locals are more relaxed about it.

So few escalators are working these days, everyone has got used to
walking.