Old December 22nd 09, 02:12 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Baker St. memorial.

John B wrote:
On Dec 22, 2:10 pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Robert Coe wrote:

Ob tr cont: One wing of that building is a huge rectangular marble
dining hall with a row of doors on each of its long sides. It looks
like nothing so much as an early-20th-century railroad station, with
the doors being the gates to the tracks.

This reminds me of Barnet's "Spice Carriage" restaurant, which makes
good use of a ridiculously narrow site by decorating it like a
carriage from the Orient Express.
http://bit.ly/66xVkj http://bit.ly/8BG0Tw

Ha, that's absolutely excellent stuff. I knew I was missing
*something* by seldom venturing into the outer suburbs...

I don't know how well the picture captures it, but the experience of
stepping out of the high street into a railway carriage is genuinely
startling.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.