Old December 23rd 09, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Escalators at St Pancras International

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 22:44:21 on Tue,
22 Dec 2009, Batman55 remarked:
I'm sorry? Are you saying that people passing a point, say half way down
the
escalator at speed X in 2 columns will carry more than one column at speed
and the other at 3-4X (which is what walking achieves)?

I doubt that walking down more than doubles the throughout, and against
that you have to balance the increased separation between walkers compared
with standees.

To save further argument (which I realise is not the objective of the
group), see
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/publicati...outamDutta.pdf which
explains everything!

MaxB