Old December 23rd 09, 04:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Moorgate branch decommissioned

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Paul Terry wrote:

In message
, MIG
writes

On 21 Dec, 15:10, bob wrote:
As nobody has come up with it yet, how about looping the W&C round to
Moorgate, and then extending it to Farringdon.

It's been suggested loads of times. The W & C comes almost to ground
level and would have to go through several important foundations.

Although I've seen that said many times, it must have been possible in theory
as the 1913 Metropolitan Railway Act proposed that an already authorised line
from Moorgate to Lothbury be extended to connect with the Waterloo and City.

I'm not sure that the fact that something was proposed in a bill is
terribly solid evidence that it was possible ...

tom

--
There are no MPs in the position opposite the Liberal Democrats. --
Chris Lightfoot