Old January 7th 04, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default Oyster at Finsbury Park

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:25:49 +0000, Kat
wrote:

BTW, people who are still buying magnetic extension tickets (which of
course don't register on the Oyster) need to take ticket and Oyster to
the ticket window to have it sorted out on the TOM (Ticket Office
Machine)

I advise people to keep some Pre Pay on their period ticket Oysters.
The number of times people have told me that they haven't travelled out
of zone until I read them their travel history is surprising. I don't
believe they're trying to pull a fast one; most genuinely don't realise
it.

That's interesting. At present I go out of zone around once a week:
so far I've just bought paper extension tickets and used them exactly
as I would have done with a magnetic season ticket: I touch the Oyster
at the in-zone station, and put the extension in the gate at the
out-of-zone station. I had in mind to use pre-pay for this
eventually, but wasn't planning to change over yet.

The really nice thing would be if Oyster could calculate, when the
season expires, whether it would have been cheaper simply to buy an
extra zone for the season, and charge me the cost of that extra
zone...

If I *do* have both a season and pre-pay on my card, will I then need
to touch my Oyster to one of the readers when I go through Finsbury
Park, which *is* covered by my season

Martin