Old December 24th 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paddington H&C station upgrade

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

wrote in message
In article

,
(Mr Thant) wrote:

There's a pavement on the south side of the taxi ramp. See the
diagram on the page numbered 17 (21 in the PDF).

What is all this going to do to make the H&C station any less useless
for interchanging between the main line and Underground at Paddington,
then? Nothing as far as I can see. One inadequate footbridge and
narrow staircase to the H&C platforms as now?

Now there's a link to a better quality, and easily readable version of
the 'design and access statement' you can find the answer yourself...

Although the 3 footbridges/ramps, 3 sets of staircases, the new
circulation areas, permanently replaced taxi rank, and complete
demolition of the existing platform buildings is pretty obvious even
in the earlier copy...

Yes, but how much of that improves the connection with the main line
station? As far as I could see from those plans that bit remains as I
described and all that you mention just provides admittedly much better
access to the outside of the station.

--
Colin Rosenstiel