Old January 7th 04, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Horace Horace is offline

Default Oyster cards damaged by mobile phones??

I keep my mobile in the same pocket as my Oyster and haven't had any
problems so I would say that the statement is a load of cobblers.

"Steve" wrote in message
... maybe, maybe not...

But that's what the driver of a bus I was on today suggested when 2 or 3
oyster cards failed to be read.

I overheard the conversation...

DRIVER: "Have you had your card near any mobile phones or computers?"
PASSENGER: "Err, yes."
DRIVER: "That's what the problem is then - take it back to where you

bought
it from."

I don't buy the 'being near a computer' argument for one minute, but could
oyster card be damaged by mobile phones?

Steve.