Old December 24th 09, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

MIG wrote on 24 December 2009 23:55:24 ...
On 24 Dec, 18:04, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, MIG wrote:
On 23 Dec, 16:54, Tom Anderson wrote:
I do wish people would stop referring to East London as Essex. As someone
who is actually from Essex, it is highly distressing.

Maybe if they did, they could stop referring to North London as East
London at the same time.

As someone who actually lives in the bit of North London that risks being
referred to as East London, i am strongly behind this as well!

A typical one, which may be what you mean, is Walthamstow. I mean,
just look on a map and tell me how that's East London and why
Beckenham isn't East London by the same definition.

I've looked on a map (Streetmap.co.uk) and it says that Walthamstow is
in E17, therefore East London. Seems obvious to me.
:-)

--
Richard J.