Old December 25th 09, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009, MIG wrote:

On 24 Dec, 18:04, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, MIG wrote:
On 23 Dec, 16:54, Tom Anderson wrote:
I do wish people would stop referring to East London as Essex. As someone
who is actually from Essex, it is highly distressing.

Maybe if they did, they could stop referring to North London as East
London at the same time.

As someone who actually lives in the bit of North London that risks being
referred to as East London, i am strongly behind this as well!

A typical one, which may be what you mean, is Walthamstow. I mean, just
look on a map and tell me how that's East London and why Beckenham isn't
East London by the same definition.

I think what happens is that people who live in Kentish Town look east and
say "oh, that must be East London".

tom

--
It's the 21st century, man - we rue _minutes_. -- Benjamin Rosenbaum