Old December 25th 09, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 02:07:19 -0800 (PST), John B
wrote:

But the vast majority of SSL peak passengers are trying to get to the
City, either from west-of-Earl's-Court or east-of-Whitechapel on the
District, from northwest-of-Baker-Street on the Met, or from west-of-
Paddington on the H&C(&C). The Circle is an irrelevance to them: Met/
H&C passengers can easily walk to all City destinations from the Met
route, and District passengers to all City destinations from the
District route.

You forget the large number of people arriving at Euston and Kings
Cross, quite a few of whom want to go to Tower Hill etc.

Some of this could be solved by telling people that Aldgate to Tower
Hill is less than 10 minutes' walk, though, as I don't think everyone
from outside London realises that - even, IMX, people who do the
journey every day.

Neil

--
Neil Williams