Old December 26th 09, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

On 26 Dec, 00:06, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:53:25 -0800 (PST), MIG

wrote:
I've missed a late train from Charing Cross when it was announced
seconds before stopping that just one set of doors in the (Northern)
carriage wouldn't open, and some people with suitcases, whom I was
stuck behind, couldn't get through the crowd to the open door.
Walking back from Embankment was just too late.

I've had that issue, though I did make it off. *But that was because I
hadn't paid attention to whether I was in the last coach.

But relating to that, why are the last set of doors switched out at
Bank? *They are on the platform (albeit only just). *Or is it a flow
thing?

Neil

Do you mean Moorgate? I'm not aware of it at Bank*. It also happens
at Euston. I don't really understand it either. It would be better
if the driver had the discretion if he/she knew he/she had missed the
stop marker by enough. The doors don't normally seem to be in the
tunnel at any of these places.

*Although some peculiar behaviours have started at the north end with
platform staff trying to direct the flow.