Old December 27th 09, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

In message , at 10:19:01 on
Sat, 26 Dec 2009, Paul Corfield remarked:
You forget the large number of people arriving at Euston and Kings
Cross, quite a few of whom want to go to Tower Hill etc.

Some of this could be solved by telling people that Aldgate to Tower
Hill is less than 10 minutes' walk, though, as I don't think everyone
from outside London realises that - even, IMX, people who do the
journey every day.

But it doesn't matter because everyone can walk everywhere. Train
services and tube stations no longer need to be where people want to go
to. They can be 10-15 mins away and everyone just walks. Yeah, right.

Tube stations in London are already about twice as far apart as Metro
stations in Paris. Meanwhile, I would almost never catch a London
underground train just one stop[1] and think twice about catching one
for two stops.

[1] Except perhaps KX-Farringdon, and even then I'd probably use
Thameslink.