Old December 27th 09, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Northern Heights

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:04:01 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
Finsbury Park to Edgware was not a Beeching closure though - it's not
shown on the London closures map. That was a post war decision by LT not
to proceed with the plans for electrification and passenger services.

I remember reading somewhere many moons ago that the bridge taking the
northern heights line over the main line was knackered and beyond economic
repair and the cost of replacing it was the death knell for the line.
Whether thats the whole story or even true I have no idea.

B2003