Old January 7th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Haddock Haddock is offline

Default Oyster cards damaged by mobile phones??

TC wrote:

Oysters might be affected when placed on shop counters that use RF security
stickers (the counter 'busts' the chip in the sticker by pounding it with a
very strong radio wave).

My girlfriend recently started setting off the RF security detector
things at the doors to shops. We have been very puzzled about it, and
now I suddenly wonder if it's her Oyster card. The problem started
about the same time she bought it.

Surely not?