Old January 7th 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Oyster cards damaged by mobile phones??

Haddock wrote:
My girlfriend recently started setting off the RF security detector
things at the doors to shops. We have been very puzzled about it, and
now I suddenly wonder if it's her Oyster card. The problem started
about the same time she bought it.

Surely not?

About 2-3 years ago my Polar Heart Rate Monitor, which I was using both
whilst jogging and also as a normal watch did similiar things in a shop in
Venlo, NL - we double-checked at the time and it was definitely my "watch"
that was triggering the alarms.
Paul B.

--
"Some day my ship WILL come in - with