Old December 29th 09, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Northern Heights

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:42:17 -0000
"Basil Jet" wrote:
wrote:

Even without the Olympics it would be an extremely useful relief
route for the northern line and a godsend for the residents of the
crouch end and upper hornsey.

Opposition from the residents of Crouch End and Upper Hornsey is one of the
reasons the ELL wasn't extended up there.

The "residents" no doubt being the usual bunch of small but vocal nimbies whose
gardens back onto the old route (if thats where it was going to go). I suspect
if they polled everyone in that area "would you like a new tube line within
5 minutes walk" I'd wager the majority would say yes.

B2003