Old December 30th 09, 07:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Boris Magic Wonder Bus builder announced

wrote:
In article ,
(Eric) wrote:

wrote:
In article 01ca88cb$cc175420$LocalHost@default,

(Michael R N Dolbear) wrote:

Other parts of the conditions of carriage remind me of Sir Alan
Herbert (who, in _Uncommon Law_ invented the negotiable cow).

12.1.3. You must not bring with you anything that:
_ is more than 2 metres long

14.1. You can bring an assistance dog with you without charge. You
can also take with you without charge any other dog or inoffensive
animal, unless there is a good reason [...]

So parrots and other birds are OK if not too large.

Is a giraffe more than 2 metres _long?_

Dunno. But if you do take one you shouldn't leave it on the train.

Of course not. It would be the height of impoliteness.

LOL.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.