Old December 30th 09, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sunil Sood Sunil Sood is offline

Default Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

On Dec 30, 7:07*pm, Paul Terry wrote:

Does anyone know of a website which is able to calculate whether using
PAYG Oyster or an annual Travelcard is better value for an individual?

I don't, but I can't see how PAYG would ever be cheaper than an annual
Travelcard for somebody making the same journey for 5 days a week
throughout most of the year.

As David indicates - even for regular travellers - the difference
between a PAYG Oyster and an annual Travelcard can be stacked in
favour of PAYG especially if one leaves work outside the 4:30pm-7pm
window (thus benefiting from off-peak prices) and/or your annual leave
is taken into account.

I gather for 2010 most annual Travelcard prices have been frozen,
while PAYG fares are going up.. - which may well alter which is the
best value for any particular individual..

Regards
Sunil