Old December 31st 09, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

On Dec 31, 1:09*am, "David A Stocks" wrote:
"John B" wrote in message

You reckon there are Sussex folk in Tunbridge Wells who're still
disgruntled about being forcibly assimilated into Kent?

I think most of Tunbridge Wells has been in Kent for all living memory - I'm
not sure if the boundaries shifted much in 1974. However, you'll find people
in East Grinstead and the surrounding area who are still disgruntled that
they were shifted from East Sussex to West Sussex in 1974.

TW has been in Kent for all living memory - the shift came in 1888.
But Roland was claiming that that counted as 'recent'.

I'm surprised people in East Grinstead care, though: I'd've expected
allegiances to be to Sussex (in the same way that Yorkshiremen's
allegiances are to Yorkshire, not to N/S/E/W Yorkshire).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org