Old December 31st 09, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:05:14 -0600,
wrote:

[2010 fares document]

Why this bull headedness? Is it because London in effect no longer has
zonal fares because how you get to the zone changes the fares?

I have no idea at all. I was expecting a booklet to be published as
normal. While the 2010 package is undoubtedly more complex it is not
beyond a written explanation as evidenced by the TfL website. I expect
ticket selling staff have been getting it in the neck for weeks and that
next week will be hell for them.

My suspicion is that it is a combination of saving money and a continued
push to put everything on the web. While the web is a wonderful thing it
is not, IMO, a substitute for freely available printed documents. I have
similar grumbles about the lack of proper bus timetables.

But it's not on the web in a usable form, not that I can find

tim