Old January 1st 10, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default New years day service - or lack thereof

Paul Corfield wrote:

One NR line - Southern
(Victoria to East Croydon) I think - also ran free. All the other NR
lines had to be paid for as I believe the subsidy was withdrawn as a
result of TfL budget cuts.

I thought ING Direct paid for it rather than TfL? Anyway, since everyone had
to pay for their transport to get to the fireworks, the actual subsidy
required to cover the fares for getting home would be relatively small, I
would have thought.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.