Old January 1st 10, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Rights of successors to British Transport Commission

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Denis McMahon wrote:

Following from Clive's post:

In the Crossrail Act 2008, I found reference to:

British Transport Commission Act 1949 (c. xxix)

1949 c. 29 is, according to statuelaw.gov.uk, "The Consular Conventions Act
1949" ... maybe I don't understand the numbering, or I'm getting the Roman
numerals wrong, but I think xxix = x + x + (x - i) = 10 + 10 + (10 - 1) = 10
+ 10 + 9 = 29?

I think there are separate numbering sequences for general public acts and
local acts, with the former having arabic numerals and the latter
lowercase roman. The British Transport Commission Act is a local act, but
you've looked for public acts.

tom

--
There are many ways of going crazy, but the most valuable of them is
this one which makes a genius out of an ordinary man. -- Claudio Grondi