Old January 1st 10, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:42:47 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

My suspicion is that it is a combination of saving money and a continued
push to put everything on the web. While the web is a wonderful thing it
is not, IMO, a substitute for freely available printed documents. I have
similar grumbles about the lack of proper bus timetables.

As well as the push to put everything on the web, there seems to be a
marked decrease in the openness of information. The trend seems to be
to only provide it on a sort of "need-to-know" basis.

For example, they no longer provide the zonal fare tables or Tube
timetables; they only allow you to query the fare between two
particular stations or get Tube times for a particular point in time.