Old January 1st 10, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New years day service - or lack thereof

In article ,
lid (asdf) wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:12:12 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very unlikely actually.....TfL change fares on 2 January every year
now, regardless of the day of the week....

Do they? I've learnt something then as I hadn't appreciated it was now
on a fixed date. It used to be the first Sunday in January when I was
involved in the fares revision process (a long time ago!).

1/1/11 is a Saturday...

Whatever. The annual fare increase date seems to have crept forward over
the years. Looks like it was the first weekend in January when I started
working in London in 2001/2. Looks like the 2 January date was effective
from at least 2006, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel