Old January 2nd 10, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy[_2_] Rupert Candy[_2_] is offline

Default Out of station NR interchanges: to touch out or not?

On Jan 1, 11:58*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Rupert Candy" wrote in message

....Presumably 'ordinary' yellow Oyster readers will
just end her journey and begin a new one, and there's certainly no sign
of any pink validators around here.

No, it doesn't work like that - Out of Station Interchange is dealt with by
normal Yellow validators, subject to a time limit for getting between the
two gatelines.

Pink validators are for for route validation, which is a different, and
relatively new feature.

Thanks to both - that's exactly what I wanted to know. (I wasn't sure
whether they'd bother setting up the Penges to be an OOSI - it's
surprisingly hard to get the various Journey Planners to treat them as
an interchange at all!)