Old January 2nd 10, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New years day service - or lack thereof

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

d wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 16:47:00 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 16:08:01 +0000 (UTC),

So 250,000 people turning up for the new years day parade is
insufficient demand? Who knows how many would have gone if the tube
service had been better.

Apparently another 250,000 people made it. I assume they walked ;-)

Was it half a mil? Guess LBC got it wrong.

Anyway , that just makes my point even more valid.

I'd be surprised if LUL have enough drivers to run a more frequent
service than they did.

Presumably New Year's Day is a bigger example of the LM/FCC drivers not
wanting to work on days they don't have to?

--
Colin Rosenstiel