Old January 3rd 10, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London Bridge interchange

In message , at 01:44:25 on Sun, 3 Jan
2010, David A Stocks remarked:
I believe the Northern Line station is roughly under the main line
bridge across Borough High Street.

I understand the building to the left of the bus in this picture

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...088942&spn=0,3
59.997707&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.505758,-0.088855&panoid=M2QGsJwg0TBS9XLyj
J0H4w&cbp=12,101.81,,0,5.53

is part of the original Northern Line station building at the head of
the lift shaft, now a ventilation shaft. If so, the south end of the
tube platforms will be slightly north of this location, probably the
other side of the main line bridge.

I agree about the building (and I've been inside and down to the old
C&SLR station). What I'm not so clear about is why that marks the
southern end of the platforms. Do you have a station plan showing the
position of the lift shaft with respect to the platforms?

My own recollection is that the bottom of the liftshaft is just to the
south of the current passageway from the bottom of the main escalators
to the Northern Line platforms, but I can't remember how far along the
platform that passageway emerges.

The Borough St entrance, which is at the top of a set of escalators, is
some considerable distance south of there, and might be a useful place
to start estimating the position of the platforms.