Old January 7th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster - the online-bought top-up problem solved

Alek wrote:
Reading through the spiralling number of Oyster related postings would I be
out of order in asking for a single cash-fare paper ticket next time I`m in
London....?

No, they're still easy enough... just more expensive on the tube (£2 vs
£1.60). Ditto the buses after March or whenever bus prepay comes into
effect.

Which brings me to a couple of questions. Firstly, on prepay, is the
full Z1-6 balance deducted from your card when you touch in and credited
back to the correct amount when you touch out, or does it just reject
your card at the exit gate if you have insufficient credit? Has anyone
tried this?

Secondly, why on earth are Carnets cheaper at £1.50/ticket than Oyster?
I thought TfL are meant to be encouraging Oyster. At the moment there is
no particular reason to persuade anyone to get prepay other than the
novelty - since Carnets are cheaper and prepay can't yet be used on buses?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7