Old January 3rd 10, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy[_2_] Rupert Candy[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

On Jan 3, 12:51*pm, "Paul Scott"
If you register the Gold Card on your Oyster Card you do get a
railcard discount on the extension fare, surely?

You cannot register Gold Cards or Network Cards onto Oyster cards

And this, to my mind, is the biggest fudge of the whole lot. The
whole point of the Gold Card is that it recognises the loyalty of
those who put up ~2 grand in advance, and the Oyster card must 'know'
it holds an annual season. How hard would it be for said annual
season to trigger an automatic 'Railcard' flag, thus allowing Gold
Card holders the same reduced cap as (e.g.) YP card holders? I still
can't quite believe that annual season holders actually come out of
the great Oyster revolution *worse* than any other TfL users.