Old January 3rd 10, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:22:05 -0600,

wrote:

You cannot register Gold Cards or Network Cards onto Oyster cards

Another stupidity then.

It is bloody silly. I don't see why the system can't cope with just
giving a weekend discount on the Network Card cap.

Why shouldn't it give discounts at all off-peak times, or indeed at all
time s after 10:00 as is done for paper tickets?

The new rules are more batty than the old. I occasionally take the train
from the office in Westminster to Putney. I might do so tomorrow evening,
after 19:00.

I used to use the District line from St James's Park to East Putney at
£1.60 (now £1.80) using Oyster in preference to Vauxhall to Putney at
£1.70 cash but now my Senior Railcard is loaded onto my oyster Card I can
take SWT from Waterloo to Putney for just £1.15 (and just £0.85 from
Vauxhall).

--
Colin Rosenstiel