Old January 4th 10, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy[_2_] Rupert Candy[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

MIG wrote:
On 4 Jan, 12:33, Rupert Candy wrote:
Rupert Candy wrote:
MIG wrote:
Presumably it only ever registered that it was valid at the
point
where touched. That's all they seem to do elsewhere.

Just a quick live update from this morning:

- Oyster pad not yet active on ticket machine at Bromley North
(and
software not yet updated). Just as well I didn't need an OEP.

- Oyster reader by entrance had 'Out of use' sticker but gave me a
green
light and 'Enter' anyway (with a season)

- New Waterloo East gateline at the top of the stairs to Waterloo
Rd -
but main access to station still ungated!

- Touched out at new standalone readers on the Waterloo
footbridge.
Big
new overhead sign 'Card users touch here'.

So clearly not all parts of the network were quite ready for 2nd
Jan...

The experiment continues- successfully set an OEP at one of the
small
machines at Pimlico, and now on the way to Feltham via Vauxhall,
where
we'll see what happens.
--
Current nearest station: Clapham Jn-

Is Vauxhall outside your zones?

If not, the OEP won't be unset at Vauxhall (even if you exited via NR,
but you'd be exiting via LU presumably, which should never unset the
OEP, should it?).

If so, a completely out of zone journey will start at Vauxhall NR and
not need the OEP, leaving it intact presumably (how does one tell?).

Vauxhall is in my zones (1-5) and is an OOSI so presumably entering
through the NR gateline shouldn't have any effect on the OEP.

At Feltham I was deducted £1.30, which was presumably the desired
effect. Might have a look at my journey history later.
--
Current nearest station: Heathrow Central