Old January 4th 10, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Denis McMahon Denis McMahon is offline

Default Rights of successors to British Transport Commission

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Denis McMahon wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

I think there are separate numbering sequences for general public
acts and local acts, with the former having arabic numerals and the
latter lowercase roman. The British Transport Commission Act is a
local act, but you've looked for public acts.

I specified all legislation, and the search won't accept roman numerals.

And if the act was in the database, that would have found it, since the
site does correctly find roman-numbered acts from arabic-numbered
queries. I was just trying to explain why there was a number 29 law that
wasn't the one we're looking for.

Indeed, I now have a response from opsi:

"The Act in question is a local Act and therefore is not readily
available in electronic format.

[deleted text]

The OPSI website contains a list of Major Collections of Local
Legislation in the United Kingdom. Please use the following link and
scroll down to about the middle of the page.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/chron-tables/...-to-local-acts

Many of these will also hold general legislation."

The link might be of interest to the OP. It contains a list of places
where he might be able to consult a printed copy.

Rgds

Denis McMahon