Old January 4th 10, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

In article
,
(Rupert Candy) wrote:

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
Rupert Candy wrote:

Just a quick live update from this morning:

From a short journey today:

Forest Gate - poster up telling us we can now use PAYG on national
rail. No Oyster pad has been added to the one ticket machine at the
station (even though it has a circle that is clearly intended for one)
or at the ticket office window and there were no posters or leaflets
about Oyster either in the ticket office or in the hallway down to
the platforms. Absolutely nothing whatsoever about OEPs.

(Oh and the station was closed last week for cable repairs so this is
the first operating day with PAYG.)

Similarly, Vauxhall (SWT) and Putney have no Oyster selling facilities,
people at Vauxhall being directed to the tube station (not too easy with a
bicycle). At least there was a poster telling people that and I had enough
PAYG credit to get me to Putney. Luckily I know a handy ticket stop nearby
there so was able to get my top-ups as desired.

Stratford - continues to be chaotic because the TfL and National
Express delineation isn't always clear to Joe Public. The NX machines
in the ticket hall don't have Oyster pads so the queues for the TfL
machines and window will just get even longer. I looked hard but
couldn't find any leaflet about Oyster on National Rail on either the
TfL or NX racks.

So far two stations, including one of the main ones in East London,
and zero information.

Shepherds Bush (Central) had a Using Oyster on National Rail
Tfl-produced leaflet dated 2nd Jan. It has the same wording as the
website plus a fold-out of the new Oyster Rail Services map (+
zones). -- Current nearest station: Victoria

That leaflet was available at Vauxhall and there were clear posters at
Putney about Oyster on NR and about OEPs.

--
Colin Rosenstiel