Old January 7th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Fare Dodging Consequences

In message , City
Worker writes
OK - I own up.

I have a Zone 2 annual season ticket. I found that this allowed me to
run my journey from a Zone two station, through Zone 1, and back out
of a Zone 2 station no problems since October. Much like the old
paper ticket.

Now Pre-Pay is up and running - it deducts £1.60 each time (the
extension amount). This is going to cost more than buying a Zone 1 & 2
Annual Pass.

My question is: If I upgrade and add Zone one - will they allow this
without penalty fares for the three months of 'unofficial' use?
Will I be retrospectively charged extensions for all the journeys
made?
What If I ask for a refund on the season ticket - and then get a new
full zone season ticket? Will they deduct the due amounts from my
refund?

No, you can upgrade and will only have to pay for any out of zone
journeys you've made since Pre Pay was enabled. And since you wouldn't
have been able to use it more than once until the debit had been cleared
you should only have to pay for your last journey across Zone 1.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.