Old January 6th 10, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default What a ripoff.

wrote in message

d wrote:
Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a
2.80 fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15
minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a
surprise.

No, that's just expensive. A rip-off would be something like a return
journey Local--KX, a 13 min turnaround and return KX-Local. Rip-off,
because I got charged £4 on (return) entry at KX and again at Local
station. Then spend 20min on hold + 10m in conversation at 5p/min to
get a refund sent to the wrong station gates (hence I'll have to get
it re-setup somehow). I'm sure there used to be a "call-back" option,
but maybe that didn't produce enough revenue.

And where can I find out about the time-out or whatever at KX that
deliberately and unfairly overcharged me (twice!) for a completely
unremarkable journey. where I touched in/out just fine? Nowhere that
I can see.

That's one of the less obvious downsides of OSI.