Old January 6th 10, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default London Bridge interchange

On 2010-01-04 00:55:12 +0000, asdf said:

My memory may be erroneous, but I thought that once there was a
scissors crossover here.

It was replaced last year, but it seems to have been the same
immediately before according to the 2002 Quail.

I'm talking about when my brother and I used to occasionally travel to
Willesden Junction. We, being aged about 8 and 6, called the north end
of the northbound Bakerloo platform at Piccadilly Circus 'The Noise
Box' because of the extremely loud noise of the 1938TS crashing over
the points. I'd say about 1963-5!

We got to hear this noise quite a lot, as it seemed to us that most
trains went to Stanmore and most of the rest terminated at Queens Park.
We couldn't catch the latter and change onto the Euston-Watford service
as it seemed to be against my father's religion.