Old January 6th 10, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default What a ripoff.

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:04:30 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a
2.80 fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15
minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a
surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

The 'obvious reasons' presumably being that the Tube was working and the
roads were unusable? I wonder how the Tube staff got to work? You
should, at least, be pleased that they succeeded.

Yes, no doubt getting up at 4am in a blizzard isn't much fun. But then thats
the nature of the career they chose. As a passenger all I'm concerned about
is why the service is still ****. And more to the point why does a signal
failure matter on an ATO line anyway? Either the ATO is working or it isn't.
If it isn't why can't they just drive the trains manually?

Or is signal failure a euphamism for total **** up?

B2003