Old January 6th 10, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default What a ripoff.

wrote in message

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:04:30 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a
2.80 fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15
minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a
surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

The 'obvious reasons' presumably being that the Tube was working and
the roads were unusable? I wonder how the Tube staff got to work?
You should, at least, be pleased that they succeeded.

Yes, no doubt getting up at 4am in a blizzard isn't much fun. But
then thats the nature of the career they chose. As a passenger all
I'm concerned about is why the service is still ****.

The point I was making was that you found the roads undrivable, so why
would it be any different for Tube staff. You're lucky they could even
get in to work, in order to get you to work.

Not transport related, but I was also pleased that my newspaper was
delivered as normal, and so was my post (in fact, earlier than usual).