Old January 6th 10, 06:00 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
magwitch[_2_] magwitch[_2_] is offline

Default Snow disruption Cambridge/London

tim.... wrote:
"magwitch" wrote in message
Sam Holloway wrote:
On 6 Jan, 13:03, "Brian Watson" wrote:
My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this evening
(Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on, but
watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable
chance
of making the journey ok by rail?
There's been a fall of snow over Cambridge, a couple of cm, but it's
stopped now and the sky is clear. If that's all we get today here, you
should be fine in this area.

Sam

Disappointing, but there's quite a lot more for us due tomorrow and over
the w/e - a shallow low's forming in the north sea in addition to
convective showers blowing inland etc. And it's going to get extremely
cold with a bitter wind chill from an ENE wind as well.

I looked up my old postcode in West Sussex - believe it or not, they've
had a 24 hr accumulation of 38 cms! Wow!

I guess it's too late for the OP now, but the BBC has just reported that
many London stations will be shutting early, very early, like at 20:00, so
whilst you might be able to get to the show you might not get back

tim

My god they are B'stards!

I used to regularly work till 8 pm especially if I'd been delayed
getting in in the morning - and London hotels book up in this weather or
for the sales really fast.

Hope they lay on a soup kitchen or something.