Old January 7th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster - the online-bought top-up problem solved

Robin May wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote the following in:

Secondly, why on earth are Carnets cheaper at £1.50/ticket than
Oyster? I thought TfL are meant to be encouraging Oyster. At the
moment there is no particular reason to persuade anyone to get
prepay other than the novelty - since Carnets are cheaper and
prepay can't yet be used on buses?

Carnet is only valid in zone 1.

Ah yes, that is true... but on the other hand the people I would be
persuading to get Oyster rarely make trips outside Zone 1.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7