Old January 7th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Richard J.
writes
Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms

in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the

HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

LOL. Priceless...
Acronyms are one of the joys of the underground
(as I keep telling myself while safely locked in the GLAP )
I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I got an e-mail today informing me that I had been booked onto some course
or the other. I was to present myself at the SFA on the first floor of
Ashfield House at 08:45 on the day concerned. After much scratching of the
head (wearing out what little hair remains I might add) I gave up and gave
L&D a ring. I was told that SFA stood for "Soft Furnishing Area" by someone
who couldn't see that "waiting room" or "waiting area" might just be a
little less opaque. At this point I gave a soft whimper and went back to the
standard DMT pastime of smacking my head with a shoe lifting paddle until it
was time to stop and go and get hog-whimperingly drunk.
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have