Old January 7th 10, 07:51 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Duncan Wood[_3_] Duncan Wood[_3_] is offline

Default OT Chicago musical (was Snow disruption Cambridge/London(from the OP))

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:49:35 -0000, Ian F.
wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Incidentally, Chicago (the musical) was dull, VERY dull, with some soap
star bloke trying to sing the male lead without much success or
conviction, and Ruthie Henshall and the rest of the cast looking like
they'd all rather be somewhere else so they could enjoy themselves a
bit.

That's a shame. Chicago is a wonderful piece - vital, energetic,
exciting and, when performed well, breathtaking. The original London
cast - Ute Lemper, Ruthie H, Henry Goodman and Nigel Planer - were
superb. Shame about Ian Kelsey being bad - he's done a couple of
musicals so I would have expected him to be OK.

Still, get the original London cast album - it's brilliant.

Ian

Thereagain I spent last night watching Nine. The original London cast
members comments are best not repeated in a public forum.
--
Duncan Wood