Old January 8th 10, 12:00 AM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
magwitch[_2_] magwitch[_2_] is offline

Default Snow disruption Cambridge/London

Theo Markettos wrote:
magwitch wrote:
I looked up my old postcode in West Sussex - believe it or not, they've
had a 24 hr accumulation of 38 cms! Wow!

Yup, I'm in Liphook. We've had about 30cm - it varies a bit as it was
blowing while it snowed. This is on the parapet of a railway bridge, and is
about average:
http://www.markettos.org.uk/ephemeral/img_2251.jpg

We used to live up the hill along from Lynchmere on Marley Common (trust
me, winter '62/63 was something else up there). If you have a Landy
check it out for me this w/e and take more pics... it must look magical atm.

It snowed pretty much straight for 24 hours. It's stopped now, but there
seemed to be little melting.

OMG I'm so jealous!!!

The only cars moving I saw were two landrovers and a JCB cleaning the lane.
But there are some seriously large snowmen around

Are you sure they aren't real people who've been deep frozen? ;-)