Old January 7th 04, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Do you live above a tube tunnel?

Steve Dulieu wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
Some residents who live above the proposed line of the Crossrail
tunnels are concerned about possible noise and vibration in their
homes when the trains are running. Is there anyone on utl who lives
or works directly above an existing tube (not sub-surface) tunnel?
If so, do you experience any noise and vibration?

Similarly, have you had any cracks and subsidence? There was a
report in March 2002 that the land above the line of the JLE had
sunk by the odd centimetre.

--
Richard J.

Anybody who wishes to experience this sort of thing only has to pop
into the "Salisbury" pub on Green Lanes between Manor House &
Turnpike Lane for a couple of pints. Sit by the fireplace on the
Manor House side of the pub and revel in the Piccadilly Rumble.

Do you know how deep the Piccadilly is at that location?
--
Richard J.