Old January 8th 10, 08:37 AM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Brian Watson[_2_] Brian Watson[_2_] is offline

Default OT Chicago musical (was Snow disruption Cambridge/London (from the OP))

Ian F. wrote:
"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Incidentally, Chicago (the musical) was dull, VERY dull, with some
soap star bloke trying to sing the male lead without much success or
conviction, and Ruthie Henshall and the rest of the cast looking like
they'd all rather be somewhere else so they could enjoy themselves a
bit.

That's a shame. Chicago is a wonderful piece - vital, energetic,
exciting and, when performed well, breathtaking. The original London
cast - Ute Lemper, Ruthie H, Henry Goodman and Nigel Planer - were
superb. Shame about Ian Kelsey being bad - he's done a couple of
musicals so I would have expected him to be OK.

Still, get the original London cast album - it's brilliant.

My daughter saw the Ute Lemper/Ruthie Henshall cast and said how much this
latest version had gone off the boil from that one.

Ian Kelsey wasn't off the notes - but he and the rest just seemed so
lacklustre.

Theatrically, the whole show needs a kick up the bum to make it sparkle
again.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop