Old January 8th 10, 01:38 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Ian F. Ian F. is offline

Default OT Chicago musical (was Snow disruption Cambridge/London (from the OP))

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Theatrically, the whole show needs a kick up the bum to make it sparkle
again.

When I was in New York a few years ago I saw a ghastly, drab production of
Cabaret at Studio 54, directed by Sam Mendes. When I got back to London I
e-mailed his office to say how dreadful it was, and wondering when he had
last seen it as it was not doing his name any good.

His PA e-mailed straight back to say that she had told him about my note and
he told her to book him a flight at once! Not sure what happened after that,
but I think it went on to become one of the longest-running revivals on
Broadway!

Ian