Old January 10th 10, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default How is the T-Cup doing...

Roland Perry wrote on 10 January 2010 14:15:24 ...
In message , at 06:29:39
on Sun, 10 Jan 2010, remarked:
However, you have now gained the possibility of doing the same
journey, step-free, using the Piccadilly Line.

Not if the reason for wanting it step free is because I have my bicycle
with me!

Won't it fit in the lift? (Although to some extent this simply
demonstrates that using a bike on public transport simply doesn't scale)

Unfolded bikes aren't allowed on tunnelled sections of the deep tube
lines. I believe this is because they would impede an evacuation from a
train stuck in a tunnel.

The leaflet on the "new extended Circle line" says, regarding changing
at Edgware Road, "you can avoid the footbridge as cross-platform
interchange is available in both directions: eastbound ... between
platform 2 (Circle line) and platform 1; westbound ... between platform
4 and platform 3 (District line)." That sounds to me like an assured
step-free route.

--
Richard J.