Old January 10th 10, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default How is the T-Cup doing...

In message , at
14:41:32 on Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Richard J.
remarked:
Unfolded bikes aren't allowed on tunnelled sections of the deep tube
lines. I believe this is because they would impede an evacuation from
a train stuck in a tunnel.

Fair enough.

The leaflet on the "new extended Circle line" says, regarding changing
at Edgware Road, "you can avoid the footbridge as cross-platform
interchange is available in both directions: eastbound ... between
platform 2 (Circle line) and platform 1; westbound ... between platform
4 and platform 3 (District line)." That sounds to me like an assured
step-free route.

I suppose that if you ended up on 3 or 4 having terminated from the
Kensington direction, you could always catch the next Hammersmith train
and reverse at Paddington (island platform iirc).